Welcome

The purpose of this blog is twofold. First and foremost it is in preparation for an upcoming class that I will be teaching at the Lister Academy - it will allow for me to experiment with the technology that we will be using in the class, plus give a forum for my students and I to stay connected.
Secondly, this blog gives a nice side-effect that our friends and family can see what we're up to during our travels. I hope that all viewers (students, colleagues, friends and family) will enjoy the posts and feel free to leave your own comments.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Visit to the Bonneville Dam and Hatchery




Today Carmela's conference had an excursion out of Portland and we bought a ticket for me to join in. We headed out of Portland on 3 coach buses and went East into the Columbia Gorge. One of the stops was at the Bonneville Dam (hydroelectric) and Fish Hatchery. At the hatchery we saw huge sturgeon as well as trout of various sizes. One of the videos is of a sturgeon, since the picture doesn't really do it justice. The other video is of the little trout trying to jump up the incoming water - practice for their future travels.


No comments:

Post a Comment