Welcome

The purpose of this blog is twofold. First and foremost it is in preparation for an upcoming class that I will be teaching at the Lister Academy - it will allow for me to experiment with the technology that we will be using in the class, plus give a forum for my students and I to stay connected.
Secondly, this blog gives a nice side-effect that our friends and family can see what we're up to during our travels. I hope that all viewers (students, colleagues, friends and family) will enjoy the posts and feel free to leave your own comments.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Headed to Portland


At the conclusion of our quick hike we also had to say goodbye so that Carmela and I could head up towards Portland. Carmela has a work conference, but we’ll be back soon for the wedding. While the drive was long, it was not uneventful. We chose to stay off of I-5 for as long as possible and drive the coastal route 101 – a renowned scenic byway up the coast of California and Oregon. It was well worth the extra driving, and will hopefully be incorporated into a future visit. We headed inland to stay in Eugene, Oregon for the night. Friday is the last couple hours to Portland but we'll have to see if there's any good stops along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment